An operations manager, you are responsible for managing a team of people, which involves both the engagement and development of these people. Part of the core operations responsibilities include resourcing or staffing, recruitment and financial processes, such as invoicing.
An operations manager’s responsibilities can include:
- Managing stock control and inventory checks.
- Having a keen eye on budgets and budgetary changes.
- Communicating changes in an order process to relevant parties.
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are followed.
- Documenting procedures for third-party monitoring.
- Creating and monitoring projects and teams.
- Reviewing workloads and manpower to ensure targets are met.
- Supporting the CEO or executive team’s vision and process ideals.
- Ensuring staff working on processes are happy and operating efficiently.
- Supporting all functions of the business to work together.